Thursday, December 11, 2008

christmas music, yay!


you may or may not know, but i really love christmas music.  if there was enough variety i could listen year round.  it's just so nice sounding.  anyway, i have a lot of new and old favorites playing this year.  here is my current playlist:

it's that time of year- manhattans
it's beginning to look a lot like christmas- bing crosby
x-mas song- fireflies
donna & blitzen- badly drawn boy
(everybody's waiting for) the man with the bag- kay starr
have yourself a merry little christmas- bright eyes
the christmas song- the raveonettes
what are you doing new year's eve?- mel torme
christmas dreaming- frank sinatra
oh little town of bethlehem- bright eyes
lo, how a rose e're blooming- feist
god rest ye merry gentlemen- pedro the lion
i've got my love to keep me warm- billie holiday
merry christmas (i don't want to fight tonight)- the ramones
santa baby- eartha kitt
the first noel- pedro the lion
all that i want- the weepies
candy cane children- the white stripes
the christmas song- nat king cole
snowflakes- evangelicals
the little drummer boy- deerhoof
silent night- my morning jacket
what child is this- dave brubeck
winter wonderland- dean martin
carol of the bells- the bird and the bee
santa claus is coming to town- mason jennings
have yourself a merry little christmas- hem
holiday mood- apples in stereo

plus i'm still in love with low's christmas album and sufjan steven's.  i love all the old crooners and elvis.  why not?  

2 comments:

pandabeard said...

This is pure gold. Bless ye!

Emily Jeanne said...

Oh....I love the playlist! I wish I had seen this earlier! but like you said, they are so great why not listen all year round? Im totally gonna look some of these up. P.S. I love the old crooners too, my guilty pleasure is Johnny Mathis, If you want I have my 2008 Christmas mix up on my blog too (even though it is after christmas!) It looks like your trip to europe was fun! I hope all is well for you on the east coast! Things are swell here on the west coast!