Saturday, December 13, 2008

accidents for the holidays

the other evening, in preparation for a homemade christmas party, i was working like crazy on a present for my dear friend gaby (who's name i drew).  i was using scissors to cut something that really shouldn't have been cut with scissors, and sliced my finger open.  i always get so woozy when i spy even the slightest drop of blood and was completely alone, so i shakily bandaged myself up and then put my head between my knees.  

soon enough i felt better and got together with mip and hadz.  then came the call that my sister trish was in an ambulance on her way to the e.r.  she had been hit by a car while crossing the street on her way home from the subway, about one block away from home.  it was a hit and run. luckily she is ok, other than bumps, sprains, and bruises.  

i would like to say, though, that it makes me sick to think that some person out there knows what they did and washed their hands of it.  so if you've recently hit someone with your car and drove away from the accident without fessing up, (and are currently reading my blog), please know that many people are very upset with you.  that is all.

4 comments:

Jane Emmilyne Arnst said...

you said it, sister.

pandabeard said...

Remember how you can barely handle the word fl*sh or chu*tis

brenda barrett-taylor said...

yep, i don't really have a strong stomach, to put it simply. let's be honest.

Chaunté Vaughn said...

I can't believe it Trish got hit by a car! that is so bad. I'm glad she's alright though.